- continued growth/continuation
- a disciplined or green society
Introducing Professor Jim Dator
Jim Dator is Professor and Director of the Hawaii Research Center for Futures Studies, Department of Political Science, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
His major areas of specialization include:
- Political futures studies (especially the forecasting and design of new political institutions, and the futures of law, education, and technology)
- Space and society, especially the design of governance systems for space settlements
- The political-economic futures of North America, the Pacific Island region, and East Asia, especially Japan and South Korea
- Media production and the politics of media– video, radio, and multimedia production and the effects of these media on political and other human relations and consciousness
He consults widely on the futures of law, governance, tourism, and space. He is also:
- Co-Director, Space & Society Department International Space University, Strasbourg, France,
- Fellow and member of the Executive Council of the World Academy of Art & Science
- Secretary General/President of the World Futures Studies Federation, 1983-93.